GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, is now accepting admission applications for Foundation Stage 1 to Year 11 for the 2019-2020 academic year. Click here to fill out an online Enquiry.
For enquiries and further information, please contact us:
Telephone: +974 4041 7555
Email: [email protected]
Students must have turned the following ages by 31 August in the academic year they wish to enter to enter the respective grade:
|3 Years Old||Foundation Stage 1|
|4 Years Old||Foundation Stage 2|
|5 Years Old||Year 1|
Registration Fee: 3,500 QR (non-refundable, non-transferrable: payable when offered a place)
Assessment Fee: 500 QR (non-refundable, non-transferrable: payable on day of assessment)
To Apply For Admission
To apply for admission to GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, you must fill out an Enquiry. An Enquiry is an online application form.
Click here to begin an Enquiry.
Step 1: Click here to be taken to the Enquiry page.
Step 2: The first part of the application will require:
- Parent/Guardian’s name
- Relationship to the applicant
- Valid email address (your Enquiry reference number will be sent here)
- Contact number
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s date of birth
- Year Group being applied for
Step 3: Submit the above information.
An Enquiry has been created at this point. You may complete it immediately or continue it when you choose.
Step 4: Check the inbox of the email address provided to find your Enquiry reference number. Do not lose this number.
Step 5: Return to the Enquiry page and complete your admission application.
You may include siblings in this application.
You have the option to ’Save and Continue Later’ at all times during the process.
Step 6: Once you have completed the entire Enquiry, you will receive another email informing you of the documents you must take to the school registrar to complete the admission application.
Generally, these documents are:
Copies of the following:
- Applicant's Qatar Identification Card/ Residency Permit ( Please note students cannot start school if they do not have a valid Qatar ID)
- Applicant’s passport
- Qatar entry stamp on applicant's passport
- Applicant's Birth Certificate
- Parent’s passport
- Parents Residency Permit/Identification Card
- Vaccination record/s
- Recent passport sized photographs of the applicant
- Most recent school report (in case of overseas students,it should be attested from Qatar Embassy ( at home country) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar. The school may request certification of translation from the Consulate of the country in which the student last attended to meet admission requirements.)
- Report from present nursery setting if available for FS1 & FS2
- Health record document for students between the age of 3 to 6 years old.
- Reports relating to a student’s additional support requirements, where applicable. This is essential in the registration process to allow the school to establish if it has the capacity to support significant needs.
Step 7: The registrar will call you for an interview and/or assessment.
Step 8: Come to the school at the arranged time for the interview/assessment.
Step 9: Following a successful assessment you will receive an Offer letter.
Assessment tests are conducted by members of our Team and give us an opportunity to see each child’s basic skills and knowledge, their learning behaviours as well as their ability to interact with our team. This is important as we want to ensure that our curriculum can meet each individual child’s needs.
Foundation Stage: Children are invited to a stay and play session where staff will assess the child’s readiness for school.
Year 1- Year 2: Children complete a basic assessment looking at knowledge of phonics, letters, numbers, shapes along with their writing.
Year 3: a written English and Mathematics test
Year 4 upwards: Cognitive Ability Test (CAT)
Our Team are trained in student development and are aware that each child is different and unique with varying abilities.
If you would like more information about assessment or admission to GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, please call us on +974 4041 7555.