Health and well-being
GEMS Wellington School, Qatar, caters to the well-being of our students by providing an on-campus medical center, managed by two fully-qualified nurses.
Our nurses are responsible for:
- Treating minor illnesses and injuries that require immediate attention*
- Maintaining student health and immunisation records
- Providing staff and students with health and medical information
- Liaising with the Doha Health Authority (DHA)
*In the case of major illness or injury obtained during school hours, students can be taken to the hospital
As a registration requirement, parents must submit the following documents to the registrar or nurse before their child can attend school:
- Health Record from Hamad Health Centres
- Medical Consent Form
- Copy of student’s immunisation record
Please advise the nurse of any medical issues your child may have that the school needs to be aware of, including existing medical conditions and allergies.